The INSOL Europe Academic Forum (IEAF) is inviting submission for its 17th annual conference, taking place from 2-3 March 2022 in Dublin (Ireland). Expressions of interest are invited for the delivery of research papers within the overall academic conference’s theme: “The Emerging New Landscape of European Restructuring and Insolvency”
The theme is intended to focus on, inter alia, the following overall topics:
- Reflections on the 2019/1023 Directive as such, and on further harmonization of insolvency laws in the EU;
- Reports on national implementations of the 2019/1023 Directive in the EU Member States, including related changes to insolvency and company laws;
- Cross-border issues relating to the new restructuring frameworks;
- The longer-term impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on insolvency and restructuring laws in the EU and elsewhere;
- Digital assets and data in the context of insolvency proceedings and the new restructuring frameworks.
In line with practice established in our past academic conferences, the intention for this year’s conference is to have research papers that challenge existing approaches, stimulate debate and ask, and attempt to answer, comparative and interdisciplinary questions about the above-mentioned topics. Accordingly, proposals are invited that do more than just outline a topic of interest in respect of any given jurisdiction, but seek to understand, analyse and critique the fundamentals of insolvency and restructuring systems in ways that are relevant across jurisdictions and across fields of academic inquiry. All contributions must be in English.
Presenting at the IEAF conference
Expressions of interest in delivering papers within the conference theme should be sent by email on or before 6 December 2021 to the INSOL Europe Academic Forum’s Secretary. Authors of papers selected for presentation will benefit from a waiver of the participation fee for the academic conference, however, they will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs. A limited number of travel grants will be available to junior scholars invited to present.
For further information, see: www.insol-europe.org/academic-forum-events