The INSOL Europe Academic Forum (IEAF) is inviting submission for its 18th annual conference, taking place from 5-6 October 2022 in Dubrovnik (Croatia). Expressions of interest are invited for the delivery of research papers within the overall theme of the academic conference: “Insolvency Law in Times of Crisis”
The conference is intended to focus on, inter alia, the following overall topics:
- The longer-term impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on insolvency and restructuring laws in the EU and elsewhere;
- The impact of geopolitical crises and macro-economic uncertainties on insolvency and restructuring laws in the EU and elsewhere;
- Reflections on the implementation of the Preventive Restructuring Directive 2019/1023 Directive;
- Cross-border issues relating to the new restructuring frameworks, and
- Reflections on the EU initiative for further harmonization of insolvency laws.
The IEAF board also invites submissions on other topics that fall with in the scope of the overall theme of the conference.
In line with the practice established in our past academic conferences, the intention for the autumn conference is to have research papers that challenge existing approaches, stimulate debate and ask, and attempt to answer, comparative and interdisciplinary questions about the above-mentioned topics. Accordingly, proposals are invited that do more than just outline a topic of interest in respect of any given jurisdiction, but seek to understand, analyze and critique the fundamentals of insolvency and restructuring systems in ways that are relevant across jurisdictions and across fields of academic inquiry. All contributions must be in English.
Presenting at the IEAF conference
Expressions of interest in delivering papers within the conference theme should be sent by email on or before 15 June 2022 to the INSOL Europe Academic Forum’s Secretary. Authors of papers selected for presentation will benefit from a waiver of the participation fee for the academic conference, however, they will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs. A limited number of travel grants will be available to junior scholars invited to present.
For further information visit our webpage.
Associate Professor at the Institute of Economic Studies
Charles University Prague
Chair of the IEAF
Associate Professor at Aarhus University (Denmark)
Secretary of the IEAF